Start PRIDE off on THURSDAY OCTOBER 6th at 10 AM with a Bike Tour!
Historic Atlanta and Bike Tours of Atlanta have collaborated to showcase important queer spaces uncovered through the Historic Atlanta LGBTQ+ Context Statement.
BOOK NOW as 20% of the proceeds will be donated Historic Atlanta to help advance our programs.
Led by Historic Atlanta’s own Charlie Paine, this tour will help kick off Atlanta’s Pride events with a bit of history and celebration!
- The Atlanta Eagle, the first protected LGBTQ+ historic landmark in the Deep South
- The “crime scene” and courts associated with the 1986 Supreme Court case Bowers v. Hardwick
- The establishments that propelled the early career of drag superstar RuPaul
- Historic LGBTQ+ nodes of Midtown, Virginia-Highland and Little 5 Points
- Murals and sculptures that speak to important figures and events in the history of LGBTQ+ ATL